Monday, July 12, 2010

a great sourse for DIY home renovationers..

One of my favorite things about being a designer is that shopping and bargain hunting is an important part of my work...and being the descendant of furniture merchants, bankers and master cabinet makers....I am genetically predisposed to be very good at it..and this week I found a fabulous source....during the recent unbearable heat...I retreated to my studio...the coolest part of my home...to practice what I preach...a bit of long overdue purging...I finished with a car load of odd blinds and hardware..all new but of no use to me...so I set out for the Habitat for Humanity resale store that I had heard about.. with hopes that they might want my "good stuff"....WHAT A SURPRISE...It was a DIY paradise..full of all things for home renovation...building supplies..hardware....cabinetry..appliances and furniture..some new some gently used.....and all at bargain prices...and they wanted my "stuff"....I really felt good know that my "good stuff" will find new life...and that my favorite charity will make some money... and that I would get a tax deduction....A Win-Win for everyone..I recommend that you check out their website for the store near you...and go forth and save!

No comments:

Post a Comment